Yes! This subject is literally so important in natural skincare and holds so much love & importance in my heart.
If you aren't new to natural skincare in general then you know just as well as anyone that flowers are a tried & true effective skincare ingredient that will always be in style. It's interesting to think how something so beautiful and delicate can provide a safe and effective solution better than a toxic man made chemical, such as retinol, lactic, hyaluronic & glycolic acid made to put on peoples delicate facial skin!
Flowers are one of the most prominent natural medicines in the world, said to fight off & even cure multiple illnesses & aliments such as headaches and even mental health wise, such as anxiety.
Flowers are also often times eaten for digestive purposes.
Flowers contain vitamins & antioxidants that help cleanse, moisturize and smooth skin that help heal signs of early aging.
Flowers are also the main ingredient used in making fragrances, such as perfumes, colognes & air fresheners.
Flowers are not only used for essence & scents but also as decoration and visual appeal as even the strangest most peculiar flowers hold so much beauty & uniqueness. Personally, it's something about flowers in my beauty products that make me feel a bit more elegant and sophisticated. I love it!
So as you can see flowers aren't just for skincare even. They serve a much more powerful force in the world of nature. Flowers are often used in the form of essential oils which is the form we use most here at Supreme Skincare Boutique.
Now here's our favorite part where we breakdown the benefits of SSB's 6 favorite flowers & what products they're included in.
First to start, the sweet infamous Rose…
- Roses have cell rejuvenating properties that can minimize the appearance of scars, wrinkles and stretch marks all which start showing signs go aging too. Roses are essential for anyone wanting to heal dry, mature skin or even just to indulge in its sweet aromatic essence.
Next, our calm & soothing best friend, Lavender…
- Lavender is often used in aromatherapy for its relaxing nature but this flower is much more than a tranquil scent. Lavender is a "cytophyllactic" which helps cell turnover and ultimately creates new skin, scars, wrinkles & stretch marks don't stand a chance. That's not all! Lavender also contains antiseptic lightening abilities that cleanse & purify the skin as well. This flower is a real powerhouse!
Next, a golden goddess herself, Calendula…
- Calendula is an anti-inflammatory goldmine. This flower hosts healing properties for all kinds of skin aliments, acne & eczema to be exact but also perfect for healing abrasions to the skin such as minor cuts and rashes or even bug bites! This beauty does everything while looking good doing it.
Next, a close cousin to Lavender, Chamomile…
- Chamomile is one of our favorites! Medicinal uses for this flower go all the way back to the Egyptian era. Chamomile contains anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-septic & anti-bacterial properties which means it's basically a cure all. This one flower can target a range of skin concerns all while giving the same therapeutic, aromatic benefits of Lavender. Chamomile is a great option for anymore especially those with dry irritated skin due to its nourishing & moisturizing capabilities.
Next, the bright & radiant Safflower…
- Safflower is a Vitamin E packed flower with tons of skin loving benefits! Safflower contains natural fatty acids such as Omega-3 & Omega-6 that help to smooth & plump which fills in wrinkles and fine lines to give you a more fresh radiant & awake appearance. Safflower is lightweight, easily absorbed & will not clog the pores. A definite must have in any skincare product.
Lastly, the bright and potent Hibiscus…
Hibiscus flowers aren't called the 'Botox Flower" for nothin'! It's AHS's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) naturally contain malic acid as well as citric acid, which will naturally exfoliate & brighten your overall skin tone. Never any need to use synthetic chemicals such as, Hyaluronic acid. The Hibiscus flower is basically a purification system that can breakdown dead skin cells and increase new cell turnover to give you newer, brighter skin at a quick pace while also lifting fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. Drinking Hibiscus is also a beneficial use due to the rich amounts of antioxidants, beta-carotene & Vitamin C.
*Hibiscus can be found on our "Supreme Dream Cream" & our "Here Kitty Kitty" Yoni Soap*
So this just goes to show that if you contoct the perfect blend of natural ingredients such as flowers, which is only one to name many, you will see that nature is a cure all if you just find the purest combination. Don't you just love nature!?